Raspberry Pi. A GUI for OMXPlayer

Some time ago I have bought a Raspberry Pi board to play around with it. Now I wanted to use the omxplayer with a GUI and found a neat project out there at github (see https://github.com/KenT2/tboplayer ).

The tboplayer (GUI for omxplayer) has most of needed and useful functions but there are some little problems with showing accurate playing time and missing import of playlists (m3u or pls).

I have spent some time and try to improve the functionality and added m3u playlists import and the ability to play YT links.

As I am using normal W*ndows software all playlists I use contain NTFS paths. Currently the import function reads the relative path and rewrite it to be valid on Raspberry’s filesystem. To use the rewritten paths with omxplayer they must be absolute so it uses the path of  playlist file location to fill up those relative paths within a playlist.

You can find my fork of tboplayer at https://github.com/krugg/tboplayer

If you want to use the ability of playing YT links you should install http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/ first on your Raspberry Pi.

Cannot train SpamAssassin on Plesk Server

After I’ve installed some (critical) updates with YUM everything seems to be OK, but then…

When I’ve tried to train my SpamAssassin there were no mails shown. After doing some research in almost all log files I believed it was not caused by SpamAssassin or QMail itself, since all emails could be received and sent via pop/smtp and some spam mails were processed by SpamAssassin like it should be…

After some internet search I found this FAQ entry:


Which has helped me with my problem.

I have to mention some problems with the used check command line, there’s a missing ‘=’ after ‘mailname’ argument:

# /usr/bin/perl -T /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/spammng -x -i –mailname=mail@domain.tld

Then after downloading the corrected file you should copy the new file (with a changed file name, not like mentioned in the KB article) to the new and additionally the original file name, like here:

cd ~
# wget http://kb.parallels.com/Attachments/kcs-23003/CmdManageSA33.zip
# unzip ./CmdManageSA33.zip
# mv /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/CmdManageSA3.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/CmdManageSA3.pm.orig
# cp ./CmdManageSA33.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/
# cp ./CmdManageSA33.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/CmdManageSA3.pm

Other missing steps I have to do:

* Go to the folder ‘/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/’ and set the appropriate permissions to the new files like the original file is. In my case it is 755. The new files came with 644.

* Reboot server to refresh all (mail) processes.

Hope this helps someone.